Thursday, July 19, 2007

Notebook on current Gold Stocks Trade and Vacation at Horseshoe Bay House




On 7/2/07 I wrote "Today I found a good entry point in gold stocks---see current COT http://cotstimer.blogspot.com/2007/06/bullish-signal-for-canadian-gold-etf.html I bought AUY, GSS, BVN, SRLM. Gold INDX support is 640 with resistance at 720 and $HUI GOLD BUGS INDX shows support at 270 and resistance at 370"

BVN was downgraded by a major analyst and sold 7/10/07. AUY was sold 7/11/07 at a nice profit and replaced with a very promising Junior Gold stock TGB.

Now for the rest of todays notebook story. See the chart above for TGB Taseko Mines. TGB is up 15.21% since buy date of 7/12/07. TGB remains a likely takeover candidate. Today, Russell Hallbauer, President and CEO of Taseko, commented, "All of the Taseko team in Vancouver and at Gibraltar have done an exceptional job
over the last 15 months advancing this complex project. There are very
few mining companies that have the ability to more than double their
production in such a short time frame at a very low capital cost. This
accomplishment truly sets us apart from our peers."


Gold for August delivery closed $4.40 higher at $678.10 an ounce on the New York Mercantile Exchange, the contract's strongest closing level since May 15. It traded as high as $678.50, its highest intraday level since June 5.0.

The gold/XAU Ratio closed at 4.28.


The Dow Industrials closed above 14,000. The broad market remains bullish.

Today is my lovely wife Margaret's birthday. We have been married 42 years. We go to dinner tonight with my younger son Shawn and his wife Amy. We have 4 grand children (ages 6 months to 10) living near Horseshoe Bay Texas.

I am hoping to get my golf cart running soon--The cart (A Roll's Royce Replica) came with the Horseshoe Bay house which we bought six weeks ago fully furnished.

I fly back home Sunday to Arkansas and back to my full time day and night job as an ENT surgeon. Because of HIPA regulations and patient confidentiality I do not write much about my medical practice.

Something about vacation days and spending more time at home reminds me a "Churchhill" story. He reportedly said that he and his wife had tried to have breakfast together only once on "Holiday" and they both found it so disageeable they never had breakfast together again.

I still have not posted anything about trading discipline--but discipline and trading patience are two hard learned virtues. I waited over 9 months for this current gold stock trade and we will not know it's final outcome until we close it and book our profits.

No comments: